When it comes to marketing and business, the only thing consistent is the fact that they always change. The landscape of marketing has never been the same. There might have been a few things that were still there, but they have evolved with time.
Now, the whole concept is ever-evolving and dynamic. Nothing is really stagnant. Trends come and go and platforms are created and go out of use. It’s important that brands stay up to date with emerging and changing marketing trends.
You don’t want to be stuck with out-of-date strategies and that ends up with your business falling behind what your competitors are doing. In order to stay ahead of the curves, you have to keep up with new marketing statistics.
These statistics can help you come up with better strategies that will result in profitable growth for your business. So without further ado, here are some of the most recent marketing statistics:
SEO or Search Engine Optimization Statistics
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most effective digital marketing strategies. It is used to improve search engine ratings so your business’s visibility can improve. This way, consumers can find you easily.
The following statistics can help you further fine-tune your SEO campaigns to drive improved results:
· Compared to the 1.7% success rate of outbound lead generation tactics, 14.6% leads gained via SEO close successfully. (Source)
· B2B customers start their search for potential business partners by entering relevant keywords in a search engine. (Source)
These particular SEO statistics are directed at B2B companies. They suggest that SEO seems to be very effective for inbound marketing, trumping outbound efforts. · Out of the 76% local searches made for nearby businesses, 28% result in a purchase. (Source)
· The likelihood of mobile searchers contacting a local business goes up if the company has a mobile-friendly website. In a survey, around 61% of the searchers made contact. (Source)
These statistics are telling how efficient local keywords can be in SEO. The potential for success with local targeting is significantly high. With local SEO and mobile-optimized websites combined, the chances of conversion are higher.
Conversion Rate Optimization Statistics
CRO defines the percentage of how many visitors you were able to convert into paying customers. Measuring CRO is an important metric as it enables marketers to figure out how they can lower customer cost acquisition.
· For every $92 spent on consumer acquisition, only $1 is required to convert them into paying customers. (Source)
· Using videos and moving pictures on landing pages result in an approximately 86% increase in the conversion rate. (Source)
These stats on conversions rates are telling of how much money goes into customer acquisition compared to how much money is required for conversion. To improve the rates further, the second stat suggests a solution i.e. adding video content on landing pages.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
With the year 2020 creeping up close, social media needs no introduction. Over the years, it has become a magnum opus within the digital marketing world. It’s an entire segment that relies on connecting with the company’s audience to increase awareness.
· Millennials and Gen-Z make up a large segment of the market. According to Pew Research, the most popular social media platforms include Twitter (24%), SnapChat (13%), Instagram (32%), Facebook (14%), and Tumblr (4%). (Source)
· YouTube is more popularly used among mobile users i.e. around 50% of YouTube views come from mobile users. (Source)
These statistics help marketers figure out which social media platforms to target. It’s about finding out where your audience is the most active and engaged. Knowing these insights, you can better your chances of increasing traffic on your website.
· More than 49% of people rely on influencers’ recommendations before making a purchase. (Source)
· Compared to other internet marketing options, influencer marketing delivers 11 times higher ROI. (Source)
· The impact of word-of-mouth marketing or influencer marketing has 37% better chances of customer retention compared to conventional advertising. (Source)
All of these statistics are representative of the fact that influencer marketing is a result-driven digital marketing strategy. When done right and with proper strategy, it can rake in profitable results. Targeting the right micro- and macro-influencers can give you access to the right niche of the audience. · As of 2018, there are more than 280 million users on Pinterest. (Source)
· E-commerce companies have been increasingly using Pinterest as a preferred social media platform. (Source)
While Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube are some of the most popular social media platforms most companies use, Pinterest has its potential, especially for e-commerce websites.
Email Marketing Statistics
The phrase email marketing might seem like an outdated term that used to work once upon a time. However, marketing professionals will have you know otherwise. With the right strategy, it can be a great way to get qualified leads.
· Over 51% OF recipients of email marketing messages prefer receiving personalized emails as 72% of these recipients respond better to personalized ads. (Source)
· 67% of marketers using email marketing would want to offer more personalized email marketing. (Source)
Using personalized email marketing can be a great way to maximize ROI on inbound marketing.
In the end
These statistics are among various others, describing how the digital marketing world has been changing. They equip you with the insights you need to optimize your digital media marketing strategy. Business Marketing Solutions Group is well-versed in all things new in the digital marketing realm. With us, you can get up to date with these marketing statistics and make use of them for achieving your growth goals. Give us a call today to get started.