Has establishing your business’ digital presence been on your mind lately? Digital presence is more important now than ever before in such a technology-driven society, and I feel like it is something we need to continually work to improve upon, especially for business owners in 2020!
What is digital presence?
Digital presence is pretty much as simple as it sounds; it’s how your business appears and occupies space online. Your digital presence is what people will find when they search for your company online. This also includes content that you post and have control over, such as your social media profiles and websites. Unfortunately, it also includes things you cannot control, like your online reviews.
You need to have a solid SEO strategy!
Having a solid SEO (search engine optimization) strategy is imperative in the art of staying relevant in the digital age. Technology is continually making advancements, and you don’t want to be left behind. That’s why it is so important to have a solid understanding and a strategy for displaying your business and services online.
Implementing your SEO strategy will require patience, time, effort, and creativity. Quality SEO isn’t something that will just happen without you putting in the effort, and it is a process; you won’t get results overnight. Be patient and focus on where you want to see your business in the next few years! Make it happen!
Don’t be afraid to use your creativity to create engaging and informative content for your website and social media pages. People like having access to your website and social media pages before they commit to making a purchase; it shows consistency and trustworthiness, which makes them more likely to decide to do business with your company. If you have helpful and relevant content continually coming out like blogs, videos, and infographics, your website and pages will stay up to date and will be rated higher with Google. Keeping your pages active grows your SEO rating as well as gives your consumer the ability to learn more about your brand and who you are as a business, which, if done correctly, will convert interest into a sale.
Make sure you are putting out quality content and things that have a real value to your target audience!
Different Pieces to building digital presence
- Create your website- (have your website created professionally) If you already have a website, see if there are any improvements you can make to it.
- Get listed with local business directories.
- Get your information listed across multiple sites like Google My Business, Yelp, Bing, BBB, Google, and Apple Maps.
- Ramp up your social media efforts on the platforms your ideal customer is spending their time online and most likely to see your information.
- Invest in some digital advertising with sites like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Bing, and Youtube.
- Become a thought-leader or respected “expert” in your field.
- Build your online reputation through online forums, answering questions, and weighing in on topics related to your business.
Important things to keep in mind
- Make sure you know who your target audience is. Who are you trying to market to?
- Where does your ideal customer spend their time online?
- Come up with some creative ways you can reach your clientele. How can you provide value and generate interest that will get there attention with so much competition online?
- Don’t be afraid to try out new social media platforms.
- Invest in video content creation; it will be higher quality and more likely to draw in the right kind of attention to your site.
Stay focused on your digital presence goals! Be diligent with your technical efforts, be patient with your results, and keep being creative with your content! You will be where you want to be in no time! If you have any questions or need any help with your digital marketing needs, feel free to contact us today for a free consultation with Business Marketing Solutions Group and take your business to the next level!